Dzongkha on Apple Macintosh (Updated on 24/01/2018)
The PDF version of the manual is downloadable from the end of this instruction page.
This is updated instruction on installing and using Dzongkha on Mac computers. For older versions, please click here
1. Install DDC Dzongkha Fonts
First you need to install a Dzongkha Unicode font on your Mac. Currently the only freely available Dzongkha fonts which render Dzongkha Unicode correctly on Mac OS X are DDC Uchen and Jomolhari.
Please note: Dzongkha fonts do not work in the Mac version of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word, but they do work properly in OpenOffice on the Macintosh.
To install the DDC Dzongkha fonts:
- First, download the DzongkhaFonts.zip file and extract it.
- Then, go to our Application and click on Font Book
- Click on "All Fonts" and on "+" button to add fonts
- Navigate to the folder where you extrated the fonts and select the fonts an click on "Open"
2. Install Dzongkha Keyboard
- First, download and save the DzongkhaKeyboard-OSX.zip file and extact it.
- Copy the files "dzongkha.icns" and "dzongkkha.keylayout".
- Paste the copied files to Computer ► Machintosh HD ► Librabry ► Keyboard Layouts folder. You need not copy any other files to that location. Note: Throw any older Dzongkha keyboards and icons in the trash if you are upgrading to a more recent version.
- Log out and log in again.
- Then, from the Apple Menu navigate to the "system preferences" and "Langauge & Region"
- click on Keyboard preference
- Click on "Input Source" and "+" button.
- Click on others and choose Dzongkha. Chose second one if there are more than one Dzongkha and then click on Add
- Now exit the window. You should now be able to select the Dzongkha Keyboard from the menu bar: