Work and Activities
- Comparative study of Chöké and Dzongkha.
- Develop guide books on Dzongkha such as grammars, dictionaries, thesauri, orthography guides and
- Dzongkha spelling standardization.
- Creation and update of the transliteration system for writing Dzongkha in the Roman script (Romanization) and writing English using the Dzongkha script ("Dzongkhaization").
- Encourage the documentation of the indigenous languages of Bhutan.
- Organise and conduct research on the Dzongkha language.
- Organize and conduct seminars and workshops on Dzongkha and the other languages of Bhutan.
- Collect and archive Dzongkha publications and books on Dzongkha and the other languages of Bhutan.
- Coordinate research activities, training and programmes under the purview of the Research Section.