Configuring web browsers for Dzongkha.
|Internet Exlporer|Firefox|Google Chrome|
To download the PDF version of the instruction, Click here
To be able to see Dzongkha properly on Facebook and some other website, you should configure your web browsers for Dzongkha.
1. Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on the Tools icon at the top right corner and then click on Internet Options
- In the Internet Options dialog box choose the General tab, and click on the Fonts button near the bottom of the panel:
- In the Fonts dialog box, in the drop down list box next to Language script select Tibetan:
- Your Fonts dialog box should now look like like the one illustrated below.
- In the list box under Webpage font: select the Dzongkha Font you wish to use as your default (i.e. DDC Uchen).
- Finally, click on the OK button in this dialog box, and again in the Internet Options dialog box.
- Start Firefox
- Click on the Firefox button at the top left corner., hover mouse over Options and then click on Options
- In the Options dialog box choose Content
- In the Options Content tab, clck on the Advanced… button in the Fonts & Colours section
- A Fonts dialog box, like the one illustrated above, will be displayed.
- In the drop down list box next to Fonts for: select Other Languages.
- In the list box next to Proportional select Serif.
- For all font options (Serif, Sans Serif and Monospace) select a suitable Dzongkha font (e.g. "DDC Uchen").
- Choose "Unicode (UTF-8)" for Fallback Character Encoding.
- Finally, click on the OK button in this dialog box, and again in the Options dialog box.
3. Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome
- Click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome button on the top right corner and go to: Setting
- At the bottom of the page, click on “show advanced setting”.
- Scroll down till “Web content” and click on “customize fonts”. Fonts and Encoding tab will pop up.
- In the fonts and Encoding tab, choose DDC Uchen for Sans-serif font and choose Unicode(UTF-8) for encoding. Then click done and close the setting‘s tab.
Note: You can further use zoom in and zoom out facilities. Press and hold Ctrl and repeatedly press + for zoom in. Press and hold Ctrl and repeatedly – for zoom out.