Installing Dzongkha Dictionaries - 2
These instructions will guide you through the process of installing the English-Dzongkha Dictionary program, made by Tshering Dorji, on your computer.
Note: This English Dzongkha dictionary program uses Microsoft Visual Basic and so it will only work on computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Installing the English-Dzongkha Dictionary
Step 1 - Download the Setup files
Double click on the on this Zip icon and choose Save File or Save to download and save the English Dzongkha Dictionary.zip file to your computer:
Step 2 - Extract the Setup files
- First, with your mouse simply left-click on the English Dzongkha Dictionary zip file on your desktop and choose Extract All….
- An Extraction Wizard box will appear. Choose: Next >
- Make sure the Destination Folder is the English Dzongkha Dictionary directory on your desktop, and click Next >
- Once the files have been extracted, click Finish to exit the Extraction wizard
Step 3 - Close Running Applications
- Next close any running applications, except the web browser you are using to read these instructions, this is necessary to ensure the Setup program for the English Dzongkha Dictionary runes
Step 4 - Run the Setup Program
- Then open the new \English Dzongkha Dictionary folder where you extracted the files.
- In this folder double click on the Setup program icon to run it.
- You may see a warning dialog box, like the one below, displayed. If you have followed Step 3, ignore the warning and click OK.
- When the dialog box illustrated below is displayed, begin the actual installation by clicking on the large square buttonwith the setup icon
- When the dialog box below is displayed, click Continue.
- After a few seconds, a message box letting you know that the Dictionary was successfully installed should be dispalyed:
- Click on OK - to finish setup.
- During the installation, if you receive a Version Conflict error message saying: "A File Being copied is older than the file currently on your system. It is reccomended that you keep your existing file." Choose: Yes, to keep the existing files.
- If you receive a setup error message saying: "An Error occured while registering the file: C:\Windows\System32\FM20.DLL" Choose: Ignore
- If you receive a setup error message saying: "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system" Choose: Cancel and follow the alternate method of installation instructions below.
The English Dzongkha Dictionary should now be available under "Start ► All Programs" on your computer.
Step 5 - Creating a Desktop Shortcut
Finally, to access the dictionary easily, you can also create a short-cut to the dictionary on your desktop:
- Right click on your desktop to display the context menu. Choose "New ► Shortcut".
- In the Create Shortcut dialog box, choose "Browse…", and navigate to the C:\Program Files\prjDictionary folder.
- In that folder, select the English-Dzongkha Dictionary and click on OK
- Alternatively you can the the location 'C:\Program Files\prjDictionary\English-Dzongkha Dictionary' directly in the Create Shortcut dialog box.
- Finally click Next > to complete the process.
- A short-cut icon for the dictionary, like the one shown on the right, should now be displayed on your desktop.
An alternate method of installation
In case there is a problem during and an error message like the one below is dispayed:
Choose Cancel, then proceed as follows:
On your hard disk create an English Dzongkha Dictionary folder under C:\Program Files (i.e. C:\Program Files\English Dzongkha Dictionary)
- Next open the \English Dzongkha Dictionary\Support folder on the CD
- Then press Ctrl+A to select all the files in the folder, and then press Ctrl+C to copy them all.
- Next, go back to the C:\Program Files\English Dzongkha Dictionary folder you created
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the files into that directory.
- In that folder, with your mouse, select and right click the file English Dzongkha Dictionary.
- From the context-menu select Send To ► Desktop (create folder).
- This will create a short cut on your desktop and you can run the ditionary from there.
Acknowledgement: The English Dzongkha Digital Dictionary program was made by Tshering Dorji, Asst ICT Officer Tsirang Dzongkhag, using dictionary data from the DDC, and it was given to the DDC for free public distribution.